Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Throw Out The Cake, What is Next ?

The best thing you can do is decide what foods you can and can't have around the house. If your husband, children, boyfriend or roomates like all kinds of sweets say to them "You Are Not Letting These Foods in Your World". It is very simple if the items are not perishable buy a safe and put those foods in a safe with a lock and key. Make sure they put the key somewhere that it is not accessable to you. It is that simple. If they insist that ice cream is part of their world and they are not going to give it up, either have 90 calorie no sugar added ice cream pops for yourself so when they indulge so you want to feel like you are indulging too or just have them put the ice cream in the back of the freezer so it is not in your view.

The safe food for me is a muffin. I have found that I can have one muffin in my house. The rest I freeze. Basically I have my morning cup of coffee and one very small piece of muffin. Then I eat what my body can handle which is yogurt and cheese and fruit.

My mother-in-law always said that she lost 10 pounds just from cutting out coffee in her routine. She always had to have something sweet with her coffee. Once she cut out the coffee, out went the sweets. I still need my morning cup of coffee. Even tea can be a problem. Some people need something sweet when they drink tea. Happily, I can now drink tea and coffee without eating sweet. Do I use splenda or equal in my coffee ? No, my one indulgence during the day is a cup of coffee with half and half and sugar. Tea with splenda or equal is fine. Let's face it we are human, we are mortals. You have to decide what little indulgences you are going to have day by day and you have to stick to that. Don't waver. Doesn't exercise play a role in all of this ? It does and that will come in time. I am not finished talking about food.

1 comment:

  1. For my something sweet, I eat 1-2 Hershey's Kisses. It is just enough to satisfy my sweet tooth and leave a pleasant taste in my mouth.

    I hope you keep writing!

    ReplyDelete